Last Revised: August 19, 2021
Showfields Inc. (“Showfields”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respects the privacy of the users of its Services (as such terms is defined in our TOU), including (i) visitors to our website available at https://www.showfields.com/ (the “Site”) and our widgets (“Widgets”), (ii) users of our mobile application (the “App”), users of our online marketplace available via the Site and App (the “Marketplace”), (iii) visitors to our brick and mortar stores (the “Store”) who provide us with their personal information both online and offline (e.g. when connecting to our in-Store Wi-Fi network, through use of tablets, point-of-sale devices and other technological devices made available by Showfields in the Store, or directly to our Store's sales representatives), (iv) participants of our events (“Events”), as well as (v) members of our “Friends of Showfields” members club (“Friends of Showfields”, and collectively the “User(s)” or “you”), and is committed to protect the personal information that our Users share with us.
Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering and/or using the Site and/or App and/or Widgets and/or Marketplace and/or other Services. You may access and browse our Services without disclosing personal information, although, like most websites and online services, we passively collect certain Non-Personal Information from your devices when you access and browse our Services, including: (i) technical information such as the type and version of your device and its operating system, the type of browser, screen resolution, device browser and keyboard language, Wi-Fi connectivity and the type and name of your device and/or browser, etc.; and (ii) behavioral information which may include the User’s click-stream and tap-stream on the Site, App, Widgets and other Services, the activities of the User on the Site, App, Widgets and other Services and additional information of a similar nature (collectively, “Technical and Behavioral Information”). We may also use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, HubSpot and Facebook Pixel to obtain detailed analytics on the device and the User's behavior on the Site and App and other Services.
Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Personal Information is collected from the details you provide during the registration process to Friends of Showfields (either online or offline in our Store, e.g. when completing a purchase in our store), which may include your full name and e-mail address. Additional information may be required from time to time in order to complete the registration process.
- Additional information may be collected about our Friends of Showfields club members, such as purchase history, products they show interest in and other Technical and Behavioral Information, including interactions with online advertisements presented on our Services.
- Personal Information is collected from the details you provide during purchases conducted via the Marketplace, including, without limitation, your full name, e-mail address, payment details such as credit card number and other billing information and shipping address. We may also collect any communications you may have with Partner via the Marketplace. We will transfer such Personal Information to the applicable Partner in order to fulfill your purchase. In addition, please note that by providing an email address as part of your purchase, you will be automatically enrolled to our Friends of Showfields members' club.
- Personal Information may be included in the User Generated Content you may upload, post, generate or publish on the Marketplace, such as comments or product reviews.
- We collect your email address when your register to our mailing lists.
- Personal Information you provide as part of any communications with Showfields, by any means, including through our social network pages, by approaching our customer services or during sales calls (such information may include marketing and communication data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences).
- We may offer from to time certain Events which require prior registration. When registering to such Events, either directly with Showfields or via our third-party service providers (e.g. Eventbrite), you may be required to provide certain information, such as your full name, telephone number and email address.
- We also obtain information from other sources, which include publicly-available sources, information provided by third parties which helps us determine your location based on your IP address and data providers, such as Google analytics and Facebook, from which we obtain demographic, interest based and online advertising related data.
Personal Information collected via technology:
- Geolocation data: while using the Site, App, Widgets and/or Marketplace, we will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data”, including through the collection of IP addresses and other similar information to determine your location for analytics and security purposes.
- In-Store location and interest data: when visiting our Store, we may be able to infer your location and interests in different brands, products and services available in the Store, from information that we collect passively, via use of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology to determine your presence and location within the Store for analytics, marketing and security purposes. We may also provide you, from time to time, with dedicated technology which will assist in gathering similar information when you browse our Store.
- Technical and Behavioral Information: to the extent that the Technical and Behavioral Information detailed above under Section 2.1 will be linked to or associated with a specific individual, then such information will be considered as Personal Information.
Personal Information relating to job applicants:
- You may use the “Job Postings” page available on our Site in order to apply for a position at Showfields and send us your CV, and in such case the following applies:
- As part of the submission of an application, you will be required to provide your full name, email address, website and phone number and attach your CV and a cover letter.
- The Personal Information collected as part of the application process, including any Personal Information included in your CV, may be accessed by our HR department and/or by Showfields’ managers, worldwide, solely for the purposes of evaluation and to enable us to contact you with respect to the recruitment process.
- Please note that if you have successfully recruited to work for Showfields, any Personal Information collected as part of the application process may be retained by Showfields for the purposes of your employment.
How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
We collect information through your entry and use of the Site and/or App and/or Widgets and/or Marketplace and/or your access and use of our other Services, including interactions with our social networks’ pages. In other words, when you are using our online Services (either through your device, or through devices available in our Store) we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, including Technical and Behavioral Information.
We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily, either online or in our Stores. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register as a member of Friends of Showfields and/or use the Wi-Fi network provided in the Store, when you communicate with us or apply for a position at Showfields.
We collect information from third parties. Such information may include mailing lists and other information available from public sources.
We collect information when you visit our Store. Such information may include proximity data relating to you visit of our Store.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers, as detailed below.
What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site and/or App and/or Services;
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Services; and
- Display ads and helping our advertisers and other companies better understand our users.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users;
- Add your contact details to our and our business partners’ (including in-Store brands’) mailing list for the purposes of sending you information about our and our partners’ products and services by email and through web-browser and/or push notification. You have the right to opt-out of marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in such messages, contacting the applicable business partner directly, or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Provide Partners with the Users’ details in order to complete a purchase performed via the Marketplace, and for the Partners to be in contact with the Users regarding payment, shipping, refund, etc.;
- Enable payment through third party Online Payment Processors;
- Display ads and send you offers. We may also use your Personal Information, including your purchase history, in delivering third party advertisements to you. This may include “targeted ads” based upon your interactions with our Services;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, comments and suggestions;
- Provide you with commercial materials, updates about Showfields’ new offerings, news regarding the Site, the App, Friends of Showfields, our Services, etc.;
- Be able to contact you for marketing and sales purposes;
- To conduct online surveys to better understand your needs, and how we can modernize, innovate and improve our products and Services;
- Provide you with updated information regarding our products and Services;
- Determine geolocation information within our Store or from which device you are connected to the Internet in order for us to know the location of our Site and App’s Users, as well as in order to safeguard our Site, App and other Services and create analytics.
- Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes, including in order to improve our Services. Please note that in general we analyze aggregate data for such purposes, rather than specific user data, however we may need to analyze a specific case to address a specific problem;
- Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests; and
- Email tracking – we may use tracking technology within the email we may send you in order to improve interactions with you and to better understand whether our emails were opened and read, and such tracking may include capturing the time and date in which you opened our email messages and the type of device you use to open such emails.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage Personal Information through Showfields’ authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as, cloud hosting services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Advertising: we may share your data with advertising companies to display relevant ads to you. Unless you agree, we will not share you email address or any other contact details with such third parties. If you are in the United States, we may share information about you with select third parties (such as our in-Store brands) so that they can communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not share your information with such third parties, you may opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
For avoidance of doubt, Showfields may use Non-personal Information and transfer and disclose it to third parties at its discretion.
Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
In any event, if for any reason you (or any person) wish to delete or modify Personal Information, please send us an e-mail with adequate details of your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise, we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Services may remain on our servers indefinitely.
Use of our Services and Friends of Showfields are intended for Users over the age of sixteen (16). Therefore, Showfields does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under this age. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under this age are not using our Services.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Services and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition, we employ highly secure services design and implementation using encryption and architectures mechanisms. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. SHOWFIELDS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
Third Party Service Providers
Online Payment Processors
Links to Third Party Websites
International Data Transfer
In order to provide our Services, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to other third party service provides (as detailed herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our and our business partners’ (including in-Store brands’) current and/or future products and services. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice the following email address: email@example.com, or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
Showfields will retain the Personal Information for as long as we are comfortable that it is accurate and can be relied upon. Personal Information which is no longer required for the purpose for which is was initially collected will be deleted, unless we have a valid justification to retain it which is permitted under applicable law, such as to resolve disputes or comply with our legal obligations.
Got any Questions?